Al Ries & Laura Ries - The Fall of Advertising & The Rise of PR (2nd Hand Paperback)
Bestselling authors and world-renowned marketing strategists Al and Laura Ries usher in the new era of public relations.
Today's major brands are born with publicity, not advertising. A closer look at the history of the most successful modern brands shows this to be true.
In fact, an astonishing number of brands, including Starbucks, the Body Shop, WalMart, Red Bull and Zara have been built with virtually no advertising.
Using in-depth case histories of successful PR campaigns coupled with those of unsuccessful advertising campaigns, The Fall of Advertising provides valuable ideas for marketers - all the while demonstrating why advertising lacks credibility.
The book explains why PR is the crucial ingredient in brand building, and how only PR can supply that credibility; the big bang approach advocated by advertising people should be abandoned in favour of a slow build-up by PR; advertising should only be used to maintain brands once they have been established through publicity.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Economics, Business & Money
- Published : 2004 (Harper Collins)
- ISBN : 9780060081997
- SKU : B000436
- PPC : SP300gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Al and Laura Ries offer powerful arguments as to why companies need to use more PR in the launch stage of products and save their advertising dollars to do maintenance work in the later stages. Whether or not you agree, you will find their arguments and illustrations stimulating and deserving of serious discussion in your company." - Philip Kotler, Professor of International Marketing, JL Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
"The book makes a plausible case in an engaging, example-rich style. The Rieses don't expect brand advertising to go away, but argue that it should be reserved for promoting mature brands." - Harvard Business Review.
Laura Ries is an author of marketing books and co-founder in of the advertising consultancy firm Ries & Ries with her father, Al Ries. She has also written several books.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :