Alex Salmond - The Dream Shall Never Die (2nd Hand Hardback)
Subtitled : 100 Days That Changed Scotland Forever.
The inside story of the campaign that rocked the United Kingdom to its foundations, and the implications of the Scottish independence movement for the future of British politics.
Alex Salmond has been a passionate supporter of Scottish independence his whole life. In September 2014, he came close to realising that dream.
In a riveting daily diary, written with his trademark wit and charm, Salmond takes us into the heart of the YES campaign, revealing what was said and done behind the scenes as the referendum reached its dramatic climax.
He explains how the YES campaign energised the entire Scottish nation and rewrote the rulebook for grassroots political campaigning, not just in the UK but throughout the world.
He also looks ahead to the critical role of the ‘national question’ in the future of British politics, making clear that the referendum was not the end of a process, but the beginning of one.
The dream of Scottish independence is very much alive.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Politics & Government
- Published : 2015 (William Collins - 1st Edition)
- ISBN : 9780008139766
- SKU : B000433
- PPC : SP490gm
- RRP : £9.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'A riveting account of the campaign that rocked the Westminster establishment and changed Scotland for ever. A must-read book for all of us who believe that Scotland should have equal rights with all other nations' - Sean Connery.
"The book is a fascinating insight into the day to day activities of the FM in the run up to the independence referendum, no doubt my interest was piqued since I could directly relate what I was reading with what I could remember. What was happening behind the scenes was particularly interesting, especially the conversations Salmond had with various individuals, both low and high profile, and from both YES and NO camps. Although, as you might expect conversations with avowed NO'ers were limited! Well worth a read if you took an active interest in the referendum. Brought a lot of it back for me, painful as that was." - Goodreads Review.
Alexander Elliot Anderson Salmond is a Scottish politician who served as First Minister of Scotland from 2007 to 2014. He was the leader of the Scottish National Party for over 20 years, serving two terms, from 1990 to 2000 and from 2004 to 2014.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :