Antonia Fraser (Ed.) - The Pleasure of Reading (2nd Hand Paperback)
Antonia Fraser - Editor.
In this work 40 leading writers explain what first made them interested in reading.
They describe the comics and childhood classics that first inspired them to read, and what today continues to do so.
Contributors to The Pleasure of Reading include :
Margaret Atwood, J. G. Ballard, Melvyn Bragg, A. S. Byatt, Carol Ann Duffy, Simon Gray, Germaine Greer, Alan Hollinghurst, Doris Lessing, Candia McWilliam, Edna O'Brien, Ruth Rendell, Tom Stoppard, Jeanette Winterson, Catherine Cookson, John Mortimer and Sue Townsend.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Non-Fiction - Uncategorised
- Published : 2015 (Bloomsbury)
- ISBN : 9781408859629
- SKU : B000665
- PPC : SP500gm
- RRP : £7.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"I found this a reassuring book to read as it made me realise that there are other people who know they HAVE to read. It is an addiction and several mentioned being addicted to books and never going anywhere without a book to read. I am the same and always have been and many people in my life have regarded that as strange and as though it is an avoidance of real life. I don't agree and neither do the authors writing in this book. Books reassure you that you aren't alone in what you are feeling and experiencing and they can give you respite from trying times as well as extra pleasure during the good ones."
"Thoroughly enjoyed this. A collection of revealing essays about, as the title suggests, the pleasure of reading. From one page you go from breathtaking snobbery towards some books people regard as childhood classics, to the next you get a fascinating insight into people's 'Desert Island' reads. An utter joy." - Goodreads Reviews.
Lady Antonia Margaret Caroline Fraser CH DBE FRSL is a British author of history, novels, biographies and detective fiction. She is the widow of the 2005 Nobel Laureate in Literature, Harold Pinter, and prior to his death was also known as Lady Antonia Pinter.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.