Bill Bryson - The Road To Little Dribbling (2nd Hand Paperback)
In 1995 Bill Bryson got into his car and took a weeks-long farewell motoring trip about England before moving his family back to the United States.
The book about that trip, Notes from a Small Island, is uproarious and endlessly endearing, one of the most acute and affectionate portrayals of England in all its glorious eccentricity ever written.
Two decades later, he set out again to rediscover that country, and the result is The Road to Little Dribbling.
Nothing is funnier than Bill Bryson on the road - prepare for the total joy and multiple episodes of unseemly laughter.
- Format : Thick 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Britain
- Published : This Edition 2016
- ISBN : 9780552779838
- SKU : B001022
- PPC : SP400gm
- RRP : £8.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'I snorted with laughter . . .The Road to Little Dribbling is consistently and unendingly fabulous . . . I intend on buying a copy for everyone I know.' - Clare Balding.
'Fans should expect to chuckle, snort, snigger, grunt, laugh out loud and shake with recognition . . . a clotted cream and homemade jam scone of a treat.' - The Sunday Times.
'Is it the funniest travel book I've read all year? Of course it is.' - The Daily Telegraph
'There were moments when I snorted out loud with laughter while reading this book in public . . . He can be as gloriously silly as ever.' - The Times.
Bill Bryson was born in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1951. His bestselling books include The Road to Little Dribbling, Notes from a Small Island, A Walk in the Woods, One Summer and The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid. In a national poll, Notes from a Small Island was voted the book that best represents Britain.
Featured Author . . . Bill Bryson
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :