Bradley Wiggins - My Time (2nd Hand Hardback)
On 22 July 2012 Bradley Wiggins made history as the first British cyclist to win the Tour de France. 10 days later at the London Olympic Games he won the time trial to become his country's most decorated Olympian.
In an instant 'Wiggo', the kid from Kilburn, was a national hero.
Two years previously, however, Wiggins had been staring into the abyss. His much-hyped attempt to conquer the 2010 Tour de France had ended in public humiliation. Poor results and indifferent form left him facing the sack from Team Sky. And then he was hit with the tragic news of the death of his granddad, George, the man who had raised him as a young boy. At rock bottom, Wiggins had to reach deep inside himself and find the strength to fight his way back.
Outspoken, honest, intelligent and fearless, Wiggins has been hailed as the people's champion. In My Time he tells the story of the remarkable journey that led him from his lowest ebb to win the world's toughest race.
In his own words he reveals the personal anguish that has driven him on and what it's like behind the scenes at Team Sky: the brutal training regimes, the sacrifices and his views on his teammates and rivals. He talks too about his anger at the spectre of doping that pursues his sport, how he dealt with the rush of taking Olympic gold and above all what it takes to be the greatest.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback
- Condition : Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Sports & Pastimes
- Published : 2012 (Yellow Jersey Press - 1st Ed.)
- ISBN : 9780224092128
- SKU : B001730
- PPC : SP550gm
- RRP : £10.00 (Unclipped)
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Listening to Bradley Wiggins is a pleasure unmatched in British sport. Whether the topic is gearing or psychology, Wiggins speaks in paragraphs of pure practical wisdom, liberally peppered with swearwords. The latest reflections from the sage of Kilburn ring true and clear" - Rowland Manthorpe, Sunday Telegraph.
Sir Bradley Marc Wiggins, CBE is a British former professional road and track racing cyclist, who competed professionally between 2001 and 2016. Nicknamed "Wiggo", he began his cycling career on the track, but later made the transition to road cycling.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :