Bruce Sandison - Walk Scotland (A Guidebook for All Seasons) (2nd Hand Paperback)
Walk Scotland is a guidebook with a difference as Bruce Sandison takes the reader on 125 of his favourite walks - from the Shetland Isles to the Borders, including three excursions in the land of Hadrian's Wall in Northumberland - combining practical information of indigenous flora and fauna with local history and the author's personal knowledge of these routes in his beloved native land.
Each walk is a complete story in itself. Sandison recounts his own experiences during a lifetime spent exploring Scotland's countryside: a first kiss among the trees of the 'T' Woods at Swanston, near Edinburgh; discovering Skara Brae in Orkney, before the tourists.
His sense of humour is never far behind as he remembers those who walked these ways in days gone by: Mary, Queen of Scots, dashing from Jedburgh to Hermitage Castle to comfort her lover, incurring the wrath of Presbyterian Scotland for doing so; and Bonnie Prince Charlie holding 'court' behind Ben Corridale on South Uist.
Including walks to suit all standards of fitness, this book is beautifully illustrated with colour photographs. Ordnance Survey grid references are noted for routes, start and finishing points and key markers along the way.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Scotland
- Published : 2001 (Mainstream)
- ISBN : 9781840189599
- SKU : B000252
- PPC : SP520gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"At once a practical guide and an evocative account of the history permeating these stunning landscapes, Walk Scotland is a must for all would-be walkers and lovers of the Scottish countryside." - Publisher.
Bruce Sandison is one of Scotland's best-known writers and journalists. He has twice won the prestigious Highland and Islands Media Award Feature Writer of the Year and his work has appeared in a wide range of journals and magazines.
Sandison contributes regularly to "The Scotsman" and "The Trout and Salmon" and is known for his Radio Scotland broadcasts "Tales from the Loch".
Featured Author . . . Bruce Sandison
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.