Christopher Lloyd - A Well-Tempered Garden (2nd Hand Paperback)
A timeless gardening classic by Christopher Lloyd, one of Britain's most highly respected plantsmen, updated for the 21st Century.
With a new foreword by Anna Pavord.
This is a classic work by a gardener who combines a passionate love of his subject with a critical intelligence and a good helping of wit.
The Well-Tempered Garden is packed with the sort of information keen gardeners crave - from planting, weeding and the pleasures of propagation to annuals, water lilies and vegetables.
Hailed as a masterpiece when it was first published, The Well-Tempered Garden is as fresh, enlightening and necessary for gardeners in the 21st Century as it was when it first appeared more than 40 years ago.
- Format : Larger 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Home & Garden
- Published : 1970 (This Edition 2014 - Weidenfeld & Nicolson)
- ISBN : 9781780227825
- SKU : B002025
- PPC : SP550gm
- RRP : £16.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
". . . the gardening classic . . ." - Carol Klein.
"By far, the best gardening book I’ve ever purchased. It answered questions I didn’t even know I had. I highly recommend and advise anyone who’s thinking of starting or enjoying a garden, should purchase this book. If you’re a serious gardener you will not need another." - Goodreads Review.
Christopher Lloyd spent years lovingly developing and refining his celebrated gardens at Great Dixter in Sussex. Throughout his career he was unparalleled in gardening journalism, writing for many publications. In 1979 the Royal Horticultural Society conferred on him its highest honour, the Victoria Medal of Honour. He received the OBE for services to horticulture in 2000 and died in 2006.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :