Daniel Smith - 100 Places You Will Never Visit (2nd Hand Softback)
Subtitled : The World's Most Secret Locations.
Ever wondered what it takes to get into Fort Knox?
Fancied a peek inside the Coca-Cola Safety Deposit Box?
Would you dare to visit Three Mile Island?
The world is full of secret places that we either don't know about, or couldn't visit even if we wanted to.
Now you can glimpse the Tora Bora caves in Afghanistan, visit the Tuscon Titan Missile Site, tour the Vatican Archives, or see the Chapel of the Ark. How about MI5 HQ? Area 51? . . . all here and many more.
This fascinating guide book takes a look at 100 places around the world that are either so hard to reach, so closely guarded, or so secret that they are virtually impossible to visit any other way.
- Format : Slightly Larger, Full Colour 2nd Hand Softback.
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Travel & Guidebooks
- Published : 2012 (Quercus Reference)
- ISBN : 9781780873114
- SKU : B001632
- PPC : SP760gm
- RRP : £14.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"I could really imagine my son would enjoy this as he's 15 and so won't have heard of or know about many of these yet, but I'm sure he'd be fascinated to find out, and learn a little history of the world in the process. Without it appearing to be an 'educational book'! Overall I'd say it would be a great book for some but your mileage may vary. I quite enjoyed it, and don't regret the few hours it took me to read." - Goodreads Review.
Daniel Smith is an author and researcher. His books include 100 Places You Will Never Visit and three further titles in the same series, as well as The Sherlock Holmes Companion and a history of the Second World War Dig for Victory campaign. Daniel is also a long-time contributor to The Statesman's Yearbook, an annual geopolitical guide to the countries of the world. He lives in London.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :