Dr Tony Copperfield - Sick Notes (2nd Hand Paperback)
Ever wondered what your doctor really thinks about you? Or why you can’t get an appointment? Or what that funny buzzing noise in your ear is?
Sick Notes - the real-life story of life in a doctor’s surgery - may help with some answers . . .
'We wanted to thank you for all you did for mum over the last 14 years,' said Mrs Cobham.
Excitedly, I peered into the plastic bag. Inside was one small loaf of sliced bread.
'Er . . .', I stammered. 'Well, that's lovely.'
She nodded and smiled. 'It was the least we could do, doctor,' she said.
Welcome to the bizarre world of Tony Copperfield, family doctor. He spends his days fending off anxious mums, elderly sex maniacs and hopeless hypochondriacs. The rest of his time is taken up sparring with colleagues, battling bureaucrats and banging his head against the brick wall of the NHS.
If you've ever wondered what your GP is really thinking - and what's going on behind the scenes at your surgery - Sick Notes is for you.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Health, Medicine, Psychology & Self Help
- Published : 2010 (Monday Books)
- ISBN : 9781906308148
- SKU : B002547
- PPC : SP300gm
- RRP : £8.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'A wonderful book, funny and insightful in equal measure.' - Dr Phil Hammond (Private Eye’s ‘MD’).
'Copperfield is simply fantastic, unbelievably funny and improbably wise... everything he writes is truer than fact.' - British Medical Journal.
'Original, funny and an incredible read.' - The Sun.
'A mix of the hilarious, the mundane and the poignant. Dr Copperfield reveals what goes on behind those surgery doors.' - The Daily Mail.
Dr Tony Copperfield, is a pseudonym for the two doctors that wrote the book (understandably, they did not want to use their real names!).
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.