Harper Lee - Go Set a Watchman (2nd Hand Hardback)
From Harper Lee comes a landmark new novel set two decades after her beloved Pulitzer Prize-winning masterpiece, To Kill a Mockingbird.
Maycomb, Alabama. Twenty-six-year-old Jean Louise Finch - ‘Scout’ - returns home from New York City to visit her ageing father, Atticus. Set against the backdrop of the civil rights tensions and political turmoil that were transforming the South, Jean Louise’s homecoming turns bittersweet when she learns disturbing truths about her close-knit family, the town and the people dearest to her. Memories from her childhood flood back, and her values and assumptions are thrown into doubt.
Featuring many of the iconic characters from To Kill a Mockingbird, Go Set a Watchman perfectly captures a young woman, and a world, in painful yet necessary transition out of the illusions of the past - a journey that can be guided only by one’s own conscience.
Written in the mid-1950's, Go Set a Watchman imparts a fuller, richer understanding and appreciation of Harper Lee. Here is an unforgettable novel of wisdom, humanity, passion, humour and effortless precision – a profoundly affecting work of art that is both wonderfully evocative of another era and relevant to our own times.
It not only confirms the enduring brilliance of To Kill a Mockingbird, but also serves as its essential companion, adding depth, context and new meaning to a classic.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket.
- Condition : Very Good (Almost As New)
- Category : Fiction : Classics
- Published : Written Mid-1950's (This Edition 2015 - Both 1st Edition)
- ISBN : 9781785150289
- SKU : B000103
- PPC : SP500gm
- RRP : £18.99 (Unclipped)
- Quantity Available : 2 (Both Very Good).
"Let's remember this very important fact: Go Set a Watchman was written and then shelved by Harper Lee, who wrote To Kill a Mockingbird instead. Hmm . . . there's probably a reason she opted to do that. I, for one, loved this book for the simple reason that it isn't all sunshine and rainbows." - Goodreads Review.
Nelle Harper Lee was an American novelist best known for her 1960 novel To Kill a Mockingbird. It won the 1961 Pulitzer Prize and has become a classic of modern American literature. Lee published only two books, yet she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2007 for her contribution to literature.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.