Harriet Worsley - Decades of Fashion (2nd Hand Paperback)
Decades of Fashion documents the styles of the twentieth century in extraordinary photographs - a fascinating insight into 100 years of fashion history. - The great forerunners of fashion and the classics - Icons of style like Grace Kelly, Jackie Onassis, and Twiggy - The top designers, from Coco Chanel to Alexander McQueen - Includes both haute couture and pret-a-porter - The most important fashion developments of the twentieth century in brilliant images from the Getty Images collection.
The glamour of the 30's and the extremes of the 80's, from the corsets of the belle epoque to the kaftans of the 70's, this book presents an impressive array of images depicting the world of fashion in the twentieth century.
Chanel's jersey suits, Dior's "new look", Mary Quant miniskirts or Alaias stretch bodysuits: they have all had an impact on everyday dress, as well. In addition to the great designers, prominent role models like Marlene Dietrich or Madonna have initiated new trends. Even political events have repercussions for fashion, and this book places many fashion fads in their historical context.
Decades of Fashion has captured the realm of fashion in hundreds of photographs that show not only designer creations on the catwalk, but also everyday style. Brilliant pictures encompassing every area of life and a wide range of situations tell the fascinating history of fashion.
- Format : Small, Square, Blocky Full Colour Glossy 2nd Hand Paperback.
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - The Arts, Photography & Fashion
- Published : 2000 (Konemann)
- ISBN : 9783829012805
- SKU : B001553
- PPC : SP900gm
- RRP : £10
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
None currently available.
Author of four books on the history of fashion. Harriet has worked as a fashion and interiors journalist, before training as garden designer, and previous employers include Condé Nast Online and Grimshaw architects.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :