Iain Harrison - Earth, A Visitor's Guide (DK) (2nd Hand Hardback)
Subtitled : Weird, Strange, Bizarre & True.
A Richard and Judy Christmas Book Selection, packed with unputdownable trivia, Earth: A visitor's guide is full of everything you ever needed to know about our planet and the people who live on it.
It has odd creatures doing very strange things - dressing pets up as movie stars and trying to walk backwards up mountains, playing bizarre sports such as toe-wrestling, and plotting extraordinary hoaxes and scams.
From how the world could end tomorrow . . . Where to get a decent salami . . . What makes a woman happy . . . How to get the perfect body . . . Where to fight a due . . . Why men go to the beach . . . How to use a maggot . . . When to get out of a sinking car . . . What to do with a spoon . . . How to behave properly . . . When size matters . . . What bodies are worth . . . How to save the world . . . Who's better off dead . . . When to keep your clothes on . . . How to how to walk on water . . . and more.
Plus discover urban myths, famous phobias, popular phallacies and extraordinary endurance events.
Find out all about it in this out-of-this-world guide.
- Format : Large, Heavy 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Reference Books
- Published : 2007 (DK, 1st Edition, 1st Printing)
- ISBN : 9781405322249
- SKU : B002534
- PPC : SP1400gm
- RRP : £16.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"A must for all trivia lovers . . ." - Lastbroadcast.co.uk
No information currently available.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.