Ian Buxton - 101 Gins To Try Before You Die (2nd Hand Hardback)
We're in the middle of a new Gin Craze. Scarcely a day goes by without an established brand offering a fresh take on their established styles or, more likely, a new boutique distillery opening its doors - where gin is de rigueur.
From Adnams to Zuidam; Beefeater to Bombay and London to Plymouth (and beyond) this new book from a best-selling drinks writer is the authoritative guide to the world of gin, and the first book to explore the explosion of innovative gin brands and the artisanal distillers that are reinventing this most English of drinks.
With serious gin bars stocking well over 300 brands and adding still more, how do you choose? Is Edinburgh Gin a style, or just a brand name? Can a rose-flower and cucumber infusion properly be called gin? Can gin be aged in wood or does that just make it a strange tasting young whisky? And what tonic to choose, and why?
In his inimitable style, best-selling drinks writer Ian Buxton will lead readers through the great gin trap with his latest no-nonsense guide to 101 Gins.
- Format : Smaller Solid 2nd Hand Hardback
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Cookbooks, Food & Drink
- Published : 2015 (Birlinn)
- ISBN : 9781780272993
- SKU : B002548
- PPC : LL600gm
- RRP : £12.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'Ian Buxton tackles the drink that used to be called "Mother's Ruin" in a book that's newly revised and updated to take into account the new kids on the block . . . You'll find Buxton's learned take on products such as Harris Gin and Achroos and don't think your choice of tonic water is any less open to innovation and variety.' - The Herald on Sunday.
'Gin lovers have never had it so good . . . a timely, well-written guide.' - Tom Bruce-Gardyne, The Herald.
'So how does Buxton manage to craft such an entertaining book? By having his gin and drinking it, of course. His humorous scepticism is part of the fun, but he is also an enthusiast and able to explain the varied distillation processes'- Henry Jeffreys, The Guardian.
Ian Buxton worked in the drinks industry for more than 30 years as a writer, commentator and consultant, Marketing Director of a world-leading single malt, Ian is the accidental owner of a derelict distillery.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.