Institute of Contemporary British History - Britain in The Twentieth Century (2nd Hand Paperback)
Documentary evidence from the early 20th Century.
With greater emphasis on documentary work at A level, students need access to a wider range of documents than ever before. This documentary reader contains nearly 500 extracts from key documents on the political, social and diplomatic history of Britain. This book draws the reader directly into the policy debates of the period, at the same time as developing the critical analysis of historical evidence.
This volume brings together a broad range of material including parliamentary debates, extracts from a wide variety of newspapers, magazines, public records, diaries and memoirs, cartoons, interviews and advertisements.
These have been culled from public and private archives over a period of two years in a research project by the Institute of Contemporary British History, funded by the Leverhulme Trust.
The result is that this book Institute of Contemporary British History - Britain in The Twentieth Century forms a valuable 'A' level sourcebook.
- Format : Larger, Thick 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Acceptable (Ex-school Textbook)
- Category : Non-Fiction - Britain
- Published : 1994 (Heinamann)
- ISBN : 9780435319243
- SKU : B000303
- PPC : SP610gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
None currently available.
The Institute for Contemporary British History was founded in 1986 by Professor Peter Hennessy and Dr Anthony Seldon out of a concern that the recent past was being neglected as a field of historical study in British schools and universities.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :