Jean Plaidy - The Thistle & The Rose (Tudor Saga #8) (2nd Hand Paperback)
Tudor Saga #8.
Jean Plaidy's Tudor series continues with the scandalous and heartbreaking story of Margaret Tudor, a princess who leaves England for Scotland and whose future was used to end war and unite kings.
When King Henry VII negotiates peace with Scotland, his daughter's hand in marriage to James IV is the ultimate prize. A true princess, Margaret Tudor leaves her beloved England and accepts her fate unquestioningly. But to her surprise she falls madly in love with the fearsome Scottish King and, as Queen of Scotland, for a while she is happy.
But neither the marriage nor the peace are to last. When James IV is defeated in battle by Margaret's own brother, the widowed Queen is torn between fleeing to her home and staying to protect her son's future as the new King of Scots.
It seems that once again Margaret's destiny is not to be her own.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : As New
- Category : Fiction - Historical Fiction
- Published : 1963 (This Ed. 2006 - Arrow Books)
- ISBN : 9780099588061
- SKU : B000348
- PPC : SP450gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"This was a flawed but fulfilling read. Very standard historical fiction fare; rivalry! Intrigue! Affairs! War! Politics! More Affairs! But Jean Plaidy perfected her craft over the more than a hundred books she published in her lifetime, and what she does she does very well."
"I have always enjoyed reading Jean Plaidy; she never misses!" - Goodreads Reviews.
Eleanor Alice Hibbert was an English author who combined imagination with facts to bring history alive through novels of fiction and romance.
Hibbert used the pseudonym Jean Plaidy for her historical novels about the crowned heads of Europe.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :