John Fisher - The Tommy Cooper Joke Book (2nd Hand Hardback)
You've heard of the lone ranger? I'm his brother hydrangea!
The other night I dreamt I was eating a ten-pound marshmallow. When I woke up the pillow had gone!
My wife just phoned me. She said, 'I've got water in the carburettor.' I said, 'Where's the car?' She said, 'In the river.'
I said to the doctor, 'Doctor, I'm losing all sense of direction. What should I do?' He said, 'Get lost.'
I've got a dog, you know. I have. He's a one-man dog. He only bites me.
Tommy Cooper died on stage at Her Majesty's Theatre, London, twenty-five years ago in April 1984 and is still revered today as probably the greatest comedian of the second half of the 20th century.
More than just a comedian, Tommy Cooper was a born entertainer. Working in a golden age of British comedy, Cooper stood - literally - head and shoulders above the crowd, and had a magical talent for humour that defied description.
With a love of laughter stemming from a magic performance gone wrong when he was in his teens, Cooper enlisted in the army in 1939 and began to perfect his comic timing on his army colleagues in the Egyptian desert. The man with the fez was born.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Humorous Non-Fiction
- Published : 2009 (Preface)
- ISBN : 9781848091986
- SKU : B002179
- PPC : LL450gm
- RRP : £9.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"This is like a reference book. I remember many of the jokes in the book and like TC they have not changed in their character. The reference book brings the fun back to life." - Amazon Review.
John Fisher has enjoyed and long and distinguished career as a television producer and executive working for both the BBC and ITV. A recognised authority on the history of popular entertainment, he worked with Tommy Cooper on several occasions and includes the bestselling biography Tommy Cooper: Always Leave Them Laughing amongst his published works. His critically acclaimed life of Cooper's contemporary, Tony Hancock, was published last year.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :