John Grisham - The King of Torts (2nd Hand Hardback)
Tort, noun : a harmful act, or failure to act, which justifies legal action and the possibility of paying damages . . .
The Office of the Public Defender is not known as a training ground for bright young litigators. Clay Carter has been there too long, and, like most of his colleagues, dreams of a better job in a real firm. When he reluctantly takes the case of a young man charged with a random street killing, he assumes it is just another of the many senseless murders that hit Washington D.C. every week.
But as he digs deeper into his client's background, Clay stumbles upon a conspiracy too horrible to believe. A pharmaceutical giant has been secretly and illegally testing a new drug on addicts – one that helps stop addiction, but which drives them to random acts of violence.
Overnight, aided by a mysterious whistleblower with an agenda of his own, Clay becomes the new 'king of torts', a celebrity among lawyers and a national media figure.
But as the financial stakes rise and rise, so does the danger.
- Format : Slightly Smaller 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Fiction - Suspense & Thriller
- Published : 2003 (BCA Ed.)
- ISBN : 9780712670593
- SKU : B000524
- PPC : SP470gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'Grisham is a superb, instinctive storyteller' - The Times.
'Grisham's storytelling genius reminds us that when it comes to legal drama, the master is in a league of his own.' - Daily Record.
'Masterful - when Grisham gets in the courtroom he lets rip, drawing scenes so real they're not just alive, they're pulsating' - Mirror.
John Ray Grisham Jr. (born February 8, 1955) is an American novelist, attorney, politician, and activist, best known for his popular legal thrillers. His books have been translated into 42 languages and published worldwide.
Featured Author . . . John Grisham
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.