John Prebble - Glencoe (2nd Hand Paperback)
"You are hereby ordered to fall upon the rebels, the MacDonald's of Glencoe, and to put all to the sword under seventy"
In the terrible aftermath of the moorland battle of Culloden, the Highlanders suffered at the hands of their own clan chiefs.
This was the treacherous and cold-blooded order ruthlessly carried out on 13 February 1692, when the Campbells slaughtered their hosts the MacDonald's at the Massacre of Glencoe.
It was a bloody incident which had deep repercussions and was the beginning of the destruction of the Highlanders.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Very Good (Almost As New)
- Category : Non-Fiction - Scotland
- Published : 1966 (This Edition 1968 - Penguin - 31st Printing)
- ISBN : 9780140028973
- SKU : B002078
- PPC : LL300gm
- RRP : £11.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'Mr Prebble tells a terrible story excellently.' - The Times.
"Prebble's Glencoe, already half a century old and rarely out of print, is narrative history at its best. It tells the story of a late seventeenth century war crime and it carefully apportions blame on the evidence and without prejudice." - Goodreads Review.
John Edward Curtis Prebble, FRSL, OBE, was an English journalist, novelist, documentarian and popular historian. He is best known for his studies of Scottish history.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :