Kate Adie - The Autobiography (The Kindness of Strangers) (2nd Hand Paperback)
Kate Adie has courageously reported from all over the world since she joined the BBC in 1969. These memoirs encompass her reporting from, inter alia, Northern Ireland, the Middle East, Tiananmen Square and, of course, the Gulf War of 1991.
From the siege at the Iranian embassy which shot her to public acclaim, to an alarming encounter with a drunken Libyan army commander who shot her at point-blank range, from the chaos and mayhem of desert warfare to Gracie Field's bizarre funeral, Kate has cooly kept us in touch through her reasoned and level reporting.
Although an intensely private person, Kate Adie also divulges how, despite being sent to outlandish places at a moment's notice, she's maintained her interest in sailing, singing, and theatre, and what it's like to be a woman in a man's world.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Autobiography & Biography
- Published : 2002
- ISBN : 9780755310739
- SKU : B000736
- PPC : SP330gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"A riveting book from British journalist, Kate Adie. You don't need to leave your armchair to be taken on a Hercules into battle, or hang out of a helicopter as an SAS soldier uses your shoulder to steady is machine gun. All very gripping, informative, absorbing but more than that, it is hilarious!" - Goodreads Review.
"An exceptional account by a remarkable woman" - Michael Parkinson.
Kathryn Adie CBE, DL is an English journalist. She was Chief News Correspondent for BBC News between 1989 and 2003, during which time she reported from war zones around the world. She retired from the BBC in early 2003 and works as a freelance presenter with From Our Own Correspondent on BBC Radio 4.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :