Ken Connor - Ghost Force (The Secret History of The SAS) (2nd Hand Hardback)
From eyewitness accounts of the first post-war operations in Malaya in the 1950's to a controversial blueprint for the organisation's future, this book offers a controversial account of the SAS.
Connor reveals how the assassination of President Kennedy gave the SAS truly global significance. He tells the truth about SAS involvement in the Falklands War and the Gulf War and about their operation against the IRA in Gibraltar. Compiled from personal experience and the eye-witness accounts of friends and colleagues, this book reveals the inside story of SAS operations in both conventional war and counter-terrorist operations.
This book is a history of the SAS, written by a soldier who served for 23 years, was the key figure in the creation of its anti-terrorist unit and responsible for storming the Libyan embassy. Contains details of operations unknown even to most serving SAS men. Gives eye witness accounts dating from the first post-war operations in Malaya in the 1950's.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket)
- Condition : Good (Slightly tatty dust cover top edge & underlining on a few pages towards back of book)
- Category : Non-Fiction - War & Civil War
- Published : 1998 (Wiedenfeld & Nicolson)
- ISBN : 9780297840800
- SKU : B002878
- PPC : SP900gm
- RRP : Unknown (Clipped)
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
Illustrated with some B&W images. Indexed. 374pp.
'Controversial, blistering and unique' - Andy McNab.
'The book is definitely very well written and the author clearly knows his stuff and has put in considerable research time. It reads differently from the typical SAS type book that in addition to the usual gun battles and explosions it goes into a lot of historic geographic and political detail as to why the SAS were involved in a particular operation or war and while this is interesting especially for someone like me that enjoys history.'
'Excellent book being a student of military history this book was a great departure from some of the recent SAS books produced I like the way numerous gaps were filled with the political history of the countries concerned. Great insights into the way the Regiment has evolved over the years and an interesting take on where it should be. An extremely good no nonsense read, no self promotion, in fact the author goes out of his way to promote the sacrifices of his colleague something to be admired in this day and age.' - Google Reviews.
Ken Connor was the longest-serving member of the elite British Special Air Service (SAS). His book, Ghost Force: The Secret History of the SAS , was published to acclaim in Britain. He lives in Britain.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :