Miroslav Verner - The Pyramids (Their Archaeology and History) (2nd Hand Hardback)
Over the past two decades, archaeologists have made huge strides in their understanding of the pyramids. They have uncovered edifices buried for centuries under the desert sand and new technology has enabled them to conduct extensive investigations of the pharaohs' tombs.
These discoveries have enabled us to answer some of the fundamental questions that have been asked about the pyramids for centuries: how did a people who lived nearly five thousand years ago, who knew neither iron nor bronze and who lacked mastery of elementary rules of calculation, manage to construct enormous stone structures with a precision seldom matched even by modern architecture?
What culture, politics, and religion stood behind this extraordinary achievement?
- Format : Standard, Thick 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Architecture, Design & Engineering
- Published : 1997 (This Ed. 2002 - 1st UK Ed.)
- ISBN : 9781903809457
- SKU : B000693
- PPC : SP720gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Verner moulds all known science and history on the subject into a fascinating and accessible introduction - essential reading." - Sunday Times.
"A detailed, beautifully illustrated and eminently readable introduction to the pyramid-building age which will appeal to both experts and first-time Egyptologists alike. Here the mysteries of the pyramids and their readers are laid bare. It is a fascinating story." - Joyce Tyldesley, author of Nefertiti.
"Refreshing and thorough" - Scotland on Sunday.
"The new seminal text on this subject" - Science News.
Miroslav Verner is a Czech Egyptologist, who specializes in the history and archaeology of Ancient Egypt of the Old Kingdom and especially of the Fifth Dynasty of Egypt.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.