National Geographic - Journeys of a Lifetime (2nd Hand Hardback)
Compiled from the favourite trips of National Geographic’s travel writers, Journeys of a Lifetime spans the globe to highlight the best of the world’s most famous and some lesser known sojourns.
It presents an incredible diversity of possibilities, from ocean cruises around Antarctica to horse treks in the Andes. Every continent and every possible form of transport is covered.
A timely resource for the burgeoning ranks of active travellers who crave adventurous and far-flung trips, Journeys of a Lifetime provides scores of creative ideas: trekking the heights of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania . . . mountain biking in Transylvania . . . driving through the scenic Highlands of Scotland . . . or rolling through the outback on Australia’s famous Ghan train . . . and dozens of other intriguing options all over the world.
Journeys of a Lifetime also features 22 fun Top 10 lists in all sorts of categories. What are the world’s top 10 elevator rides, bridges to walk across, trolley rides, ancient highways, or underground walking adventures? Readers will love evaluating and debating the selections.
Each chapter showcases stunning photography, full-colour maps, evocative text, and expert advice - including how to get there, when to visit, and how to make the most of the journey - all packaged in a luxurious oversized volume to treasure for years to come.
- Format : Large Thick & Heavy 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Travel & Guidebooks
- Published : 2007
- ISBN : 9781426201257
- SKU : B000611
- PPC : MP2500gm
- RRP : £28.00
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
400pp, Glossy, full colour throughout.
"A big, beautiful, enjoyable & informative read with amazing, glossy images." - Google Review.
National Geographic is a world leader in adventure, science, photography, environment, history and space exploration publishing.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.