Quentin Letts - Patronising Bastards (2nd Hand Hardback)
A Daily Mail Book of The Year.
From the Sunday Times bestselling author of 50 People Who Buggered Up Britain, Quentin Letts, comes his blistering new book on how Britain's out-of-touch, illiberal elite fills its boots.
Not since Marie Antoinette said 'Let them eat cake' have the peasants been so revolting. Western capitalism's elites are bemused: Brexit, Trump, and maybe more eruptions to follow.
But their rulers were so good to them! Hillary Clinton called the ingrates 'a basket of deplorables', Bob Geldof flicked them a V sign, Tony Blair thought voters too thick to understand the question. Wigged judges stared down their legalistic noses at a surging, pongy populous.
These people who know best, these snooterati with their faux-liberal ways, are the 'Patronising Bastards'.
Their downfall is largely of their own making - their Sybaritic excesses, an obsession with political correctness, the prolonged rape of reason and rite. You'll find these self-indulgent show-ponys not just in politics and the cloistered old institutions but also in high fashion, football, among the clean-eating foodies and at the Baftas and Oscars, where celebritydom hires PR smoothies to massage reputations and mislead, distort, twist.
Political columnist and bestselling author Quentin Letts identifies these condescending creeps and their networks, their methods and their dubious morals. Letts kebabs them like mutton . . . it's baaaahd. It's juicy.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Britain
- Published : 2017 (Constable - 1st Edition, 5th Printing)
- ISBN : 9781472127358
- SKU : B001893
- PPC : SP500gm
- RRP : £16.99 (Unclipped)
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'With its vicious takedowns, Quentin Letts' laugh-out-loud Patronising Bastards will have the lefty-elite running scared' - The Sun.
'Earnest without being preachy, Patronising Bastards is a tonic for those who look about them and feel an insuperable sense of defeat' - Roger Lewis, The Times.
Quentin Richard Stephen Letts is an English journalist and theatre critic. He has written for The Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, and The Oldie. On 26 February 2019, it was announced that Letts would return to The Times.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :