Robbie Porteous - The Scottish Borders (40 Favourite Walks) (New Softback)
"Breathes there the man with soul so dead. Who never to himself hath said. This is my own, my native land." - Sir Walter Scott.
Containing more than forty colour photographs and sketch maps, this book features forty short walks in and around the Scottish Borders.
The Scottish Borders cover a vast area, stretching from the east coast to rural Dumfriesshire, and from the more populous Lothians to the border with England.
Although there are no very high mountains, the Borders have always attracted walkers keen to explore the quiet moorlands, rolling hills, ancient woodlands and rugged coast, as well as the romantic ruins of abbeys and castles, grand estates and rich literary heritage of the area. Ancient native tribes and Roman legions left their mark on this landscape, as did years of fierce warfare with our southern neighbours and raiding by ruthless Border Reivers.
There are also several long-distance walking trails which traverse the region, including The Southern Upland Way, The Borders Abbeys Way, St Cuthbert’s Way and the Berwickshire Coastal Path, which link together many Border towns. This guide contains 40 routes, the majority offering easy to moderate walks, with a few more challenging hikes to the top of higher hills.
These 40 walks will introduce you to some of the fascinating history which shaped this most intriguing, as well as beautiful, region.
- Format : Small New Softback
- Condition : New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Scotland
- Published : 2016 (Pocket Mountains)
- ISBN : 9781907025501
- SKU : B002461
- PPC : LL150gm
- RRP : £6.99
- Quantity Available : 2.
150cm x 110cm. 96pp.
" . . . great handy pocket book of walks & in good detail & interesting history, well worth the money." - Ebay Review.
No information currently available.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :