Ronald Bergan - The Coen Brothers (2nd Hand Hardback)
Blood Simple, Barton Fink, Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Fargo, Hudsucker Proxy, and The Big Lebowski - moviegoers either love the Coen brothers or they hate them.
Those who love them believe they have made some of the most innovative, entertaining, and idiosyncratic films of the last 25 years.
Their movies have grossed over 1 billion, and Fargo won Oscars in 1997 for Best Original Screenplay and Best Actress.
Brought up in small-town America, the brothers have been making movies from the age of eight. Joel directs; Ethan writes and collaborates with his brother in the later stages as the story develops its visual identity.
The Coen Brothers set the standard for creative cinema.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Music, Stage, Screen & TV
- Published : 2000 (Orion - 1st Ed.)
- ISBN : 9781560252542
- SKU : B000605
- PPC : SP510gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Bergen makes many perceptive comments about the Coen's style, influences, themes, etc. It's a gold mine for me as a young filmmaker in thinking more deeply about my favourite contemporary artists."
"Fascinating look into how two brothers who know and understand each other approach movie making. Much differently that the “normal” Hollywood process. The brothers write the scrip, produce, and direct their movies. They also tend to use many of the same actors and actresses from movie to movie, and mostly the same crew, camera person, and editors. The result is a movie that turns out as they intended it." - Goodreads Reviews.
Ronald Bergan was a British film historian, critic, and regular contributor to the Guardian newspaper. He has authored many critically acclaimed books on film, including the biographies of directors such as Francis Coppola, Jean Renoir, Sergei Eisenstein, and the Coen brothers.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.