Sebastian Faulks - A Possible Life (2nd Hand Hardback)
. . . Terrified, a young prisoner in the Second World War closes his eyes and pictures himself going out to bat on a sunlit cricket ground in Hampshire.
. . . Across the courtyard in a Victorian workhouse, a father is too ashamed to acknowledge his son.
. . . A skinny girl steps out of a Chevy with a guitar and sings four songs that send shivers through the skull.
Through desperation and desire, soldiers and lovers, parents and children, scientists and musicians risk their bodies and hearts in search of a connection - some key to understanding what makes us the people we become.
Provocative and profound, Sebastian Faulks' dazzling novel journeys across continents and time to explore the chaos created by love, separation and missed opportunities.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Fiction - Modern Mainstream Fiction
- Published : 2012 (Hutchinson - 1st Edition, 1st Printing)
- ISBN : 9780091936808
- SKU : B002375
- PPC : SP600gm
- RRP : £18.99 (Unclipped)
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Every story within this novel bears the imprint of an extremely accomplished writer . . ." - The Guardian.
"Is there such a thing as a soul? If not, what makes us so certain than the lives we lead and the identities we inhabit are even relevant? Do you ever wonder, for example, what would have happened if you'd taken that road, instead of this one? And is it possible to know which one, of all the dozens of decisions we make every day, will be the one whose significance will echo on down for generations to come? These are the melancholy questions that permeate Sebastian Faulks' new book, "A Possible Life"
"Wow. Just wow. Five almost perfectly written short stories" - Goodreads Reviews.
Sebastian Charles Faulks CBE FRSL (born 20 April 1953) is a British novelist, journalist and broadcaster. He is best known for his historical novels set in France - The Girl at the Lion d'Or, Birdsong and Charlotte Gray.
Featured Author . . . Sebastian Faulks
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.
ISBN / GTIN / UPC : 9780091936808
Google Shopping Product Category : Media > Books > Print Books