Seriously Curious (The Economist explains . . . ) (2nd Hand Paperback)
Editor : Tom Standage
The Facts and Figures that Turn Our World Upside Down.
Smart, savvy answers to universal questions, from the highly popular The Economist Explains and Daily Chart blogs-a treat for the knowing, the uninitiated, and the downright curious.
Seriously Curious: The Facts and Figures that Turn Our World Upside Down brings together the very best explained and charts, written and created by top journalists to help us understand such brain-bending conundrums as why Swedes overpay their taxes, why America still allows child marriage, and what the link is between avocados and crime. Subjects both topical and timeless, profound and peculiar, are explained with The Economist‘s trademark wit and verve.
The Economist Explains and its online sister, the Daily Chart, are the two most popular blogs on The Economist‘s website. Together, these online giants provide answers to the kinds of questions, quirky and serious, that may be puzzling anyone interested in the world around them. Want to know why exorcisms are on the rise in France or how porn consumption changed during a false alarm missile strike warning in Hawaii?
We have the answers They are sometimes surprising, often intriguing, and always enlightening.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Economics, Business & Money
- Published : 2018 (The Economist)
- ISBN : 9781788161367
- SKU : B001028
- PPC : LL300gm
- RRP : £8.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"The book is split into 10 different sections ranging from science to food, to festivals to language. It covers almost everything you would never have thought of. The book is very informative yet humorous. I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in economics or just the intricate workings behind the obscurities of the world. It's a quick read but nevertheless very intellectually stimulating." - Goodreads Review.
The Economist is a British weekly newspaper printed in magazine-format and published digitally that focuses on current affairs, international business, politics, and technology.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :