Stewart J. Brown - Alexander's Buses (2nd Hand Hardback)
Alexanders were Scotland's biggest bus & coach operator for much of the 20th Century.
This book outlines the Alexander story in its early years, then examines the effect of the split in the company in 1961, and the following years up to privatisation.
It also includes a postscript, looking briefly at the vehicles inherited by Stagecoach and First, and at the former Alexander operations as they are today.
Alongside various colour photographs, the book will also features tables showing a summary by vehicle type of the three fleets in 1961, 1985 and at the time of privatisation and a map copied from a 1960's timetable to illustrate the extent of the three companies' operating areas.
- Format : Large Thin 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket.
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Transportation
- Published : 1984 (Fleetline Books)
- ISBN : 094626502X
- SKU : B001425
- PPC : LL650gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
None currently available.
Stewart J. Brown is Professor of Ecclesiastical History at the University of Edinburgh, he has written dozens of books on the subject of bus transportation.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :