The Scottish Mountaineering Club Guide - Scotland's Mountains (2nd Hand Hardback)
Author : W.H. Murray.
The Scottish Mountaineering Club's definitive guidebook to Scotland's Mountains written by one of Scotland's foremost mountain writers. This book takes readers on a masterly conducted tour through the history & geography of Scotland.
Starting with the geological events which gave birth to this land the author continues with a description of its colonisation by plants, animals and finally man.
Scotland mountains and the principal routes on them are described and the author traces the development of mountaineering from its early days.
With route information, OS map references etc.
- Format : Larger, Thick, Heavy 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Scotland
- Published : 1987 (The Scottish Mountaineering Club - 1st Edition)
- ISBN : 9780907521150
- SKU : B002679
- PPC : SP780gm
- RRP : £15.95
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
With full colour illustrations & maps. Laminated canvas-effect hardcovers.
"One of Scotland's greatest writers on the Great Outdoors. A wealth of hillwalking information and an excellent supplement to the SMC guide series."
"My favourite learned description of the subject by a gifted man whose attention to detail stands supreme. He was humbled by the these ancient hills and he realised their special place 'in the scheme of things" - Google Reviews.
The Scottish Mountaineering Club is Scotland's second oldest mountaineering club. Founded in 1889, in Glasgow, the private club, with about 400 members, publishes guidebooks and runs a list of Munroists.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :