Tom Brown & Henry McLeish - Scotland (A Suitable Case for Treatment) (2nd Hand Paperback)
Two of Scotland's leading political voices vivisect Scotland's psyche. Tom Brown and Henry McLeish demand that a country in crisis take radical action. Current political figures and developments are shown, Joining forces again to attack the political establishment, Tom Brown and Henry McLeish embark on a comprehensive examination of the ailments ravaging Scotland and the Union.
The diagnosis? That the Scots are a schizophrenic people in crisis whose internal tumult has been writ large on recent British politics.
What is called for is radical change, for a 'new politics', for a more confident nation that can bury the hatchet with England and stand alone as a leader in a global world.
Note from Website Editor : You mean somethin' like Independence, don't you Henry . . . Try supporting it next time.
- Format : Slightly Larger 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Scotland
- Published : 2010
- ISBN : 9781906307691
- SKU : B000069
- PPC : SP300gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Mr McLeish's book, Scotland-A Suitable Case for Treatment, written with political commentator Tom Brown, assesses the personal traits of Scots and some of the country's most famous politicians." - The Daily Mail.
Tom Brown : Leading Scottish Journalist ; 1978-80: BBC Radio Scotland - news and current affairs. 1980-82: Scottish Daily Express - political commentator, leader writer . . .
Henry Baird McLeish is a former Scottish politician, author and academic who served as First Minister of Scotland from 2000 to 2001. A member of the Scottish Labour Party, he was Member of Parliament for Central Fife from 1987 to 2001 and Member of the Scottish Parliament for the equivalent seat from 1999 to 2003.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked by entering your delivery location & postcode on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :
Dispatched within 1 day.