Angel Adoree - The Vintage Sweets Book (2nd Hand Hardback)
Vintage queen & chateau resident Angel Adoree is back with retro recipes, styling tips and advice to help you create a spectacular range of vintage sweets in your own kitchen, with sweet-inspired cocktails to provide the perfect accompaniment. She invites you on a nostalgic journey to rediscover your childhood fascination with all things sweet. The Vintage Sweets Book shows you that with a 'spoonful of sugar' and a little imagination, you can create your favourite vintage sweets and party treats for every soirée.
You'll learn to make love Hearts for your sweetheart, Parma Violets for your gran, Fruit Jellies for your friends, Sugared Mice for the kids, Jazzies for a party and a couple of naughty, sweetie-inspired cocktails for yourself. Each chapter is crammed with delightful retro sweet recipes, tempting cocktails and puddings inspired by the sweets, as well as craft projects to help bring the magic to life.
To add a novel twist to your party there are inspired cocktails to go with sweets so the grown-ups can enjoy an extra treat once the kids are in bed. Sample amongst others the delights of a Rose Lollipop Cocktail, Gin Fizz, Rocktail, Parma Violet Cocktail, Sarsaparilla Cocktail or a Cough Candy Toddy.
- Format : Smaller 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : Very Good (Almost As New)
- Category : Non-Fiction - Cookbooks, Food & Drink
- Published : 2013 (Octopus/Mitchell Beazley)
- ISBN : 9781845338312
- SKU : B002689
- PPC : LL400gm
- RRP : £12.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
The 'Mini-Version'. Size : 20 x 15 cm. 160pp. Fully Colour & packed with information.
"It is hard not to be swept along by Adoree's enthusiasm for the past . . ." - Sunday Times Style Magazine.
"This is a beautifully presented book which is a real pleasure to look at. I was expecting purely a recipe book, however it also contains instructions for making craft items." - Google Review.
Angel Adoree is the founder of The Vintage Patisserie, popular vintage hosting company offering bespoke tea parties from a bygone era. Delivering music, makeovers and - of course - a customised menu of tea party treats that elevate any function into a swanky soiree. It has created unforgettable tea parties for famous clients including Paul Smith CBE, Myleene Klass, and Kim Jones to name but a few! Angel was the outstanding character on BBC Two's series 'Dragons' Den'. She has grown up with great determination, a skill for creativity and has taught herself strong business acumen - she ticked all the boxes with the dragons and became the face of the series.
Star of Escape to the Chateau with her husband Dick Strawbridge.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :