David Mitchell - Back Story (2nd Hand Paperback)
Back Story is an early autobiography by British actor, comedian, and writer David Mitchell. The book was published in October 2012.
The book entails stories about Mitchell's childhood, schooling and career as a television personality, including personal anecdotes, rants, political commentary and pictures.
As well as giving a specific account of every single time he's scored some smack, this disgusting memoir also details:
- the singular, pitbull-infested charm of the FRP (‘Flat Roofed Pub’).
- the curious French habit of injecting everyone in the arse rather than the arm.
- why, by the time he got to Cambridge, he really, really needed a drink.
- the pain of being denied a childhood birthday party at McDonalds.
- the satisfaction of writing jokes about suicide.
- how doing quite a lot of walking around London helps with his sciatica.
- trying to pretend he isn’t a total **** at Robert Webb’s wedding.
- that he has fallen in love at LOT, but rarely done anything about it.
- why it would be worse to bump into Michael Palin than Hitler on holiday.
- that he’s not David Mitchell the novelist. Despite what David Miliband might think.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Very Good (Almost As New)
- Category : Non-Fiction - Autobiography & Biography
- Published : 2012 (This Edition 2013 - Harper Collins)
- ISBN : 9780007351749
- SKU : B002311
- PPC : SP300gm
- RRP : £9.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"I'm only a little way through this so far but I am loving it. It helps that I really like David Mitchell, he makes me laugh a lot, and this book is making me like him more. It's pretty much a book about nothing - sort of going for a walk and getting diverted with rambling anecdotes about childhood and random opinions. I quite like descriptions of walks (I enjoy Clare Balding Goes For A Walk on radio 4, for example), and his diversions are pretty much his panel show persona, so for me it works."
"I really love David Mitchell, the comedian (I am partial to David Mitchell, the novelist, as well, but that's another story), although I discovered this brilliant man rather recently and I can't seem to get enough of him, so I was hoping that his memoir would resemble his comical persona. And it did - it grabbed me from the very first page."
- Goodreads Reviews.
‘Fluent, discursive, intelligent.’ - Evening Standard.
David James Stuart Mitchell is a British comedian, actor, writer and television presenter. He is half of the comedy duo Mitchell and Webb, alongside Robert Webb. The duo starred in the Channel 4 sitcom Peep Show, in which Mitchell plays Mark Corrigan.