DK Eyewitness Travel Guide - Kenya (2nd Hand Flexibound)
- Format : Standard, Full Colour, Glossy 2nd Hand Flexibound
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Travel & Guidebooks
- Published : 2009
- ISBN : 9781403339728
- SKU : SHB000177
- PPC : SP800
- Quantity Available : 1
Look out for herds of elephant in Amboseli National Park, explore the bustling streets of Nairobi or laze on palm-fringed Diani Beach: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Kenya with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Kenya:
- Over 15 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Kenya, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and area plans show in detail Nairobi National Museum, Fort Jesus, the Gedi Ruins and more
- Colour photographs of spectacular safari parks, breathtaking wildlife, stunning landscapes, scenic coastlines, gushing waterfalls, towering mountains, bustling cities and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Nairobi, Southeastern Savannahs, Southern Coast, Northern Coast, Southern Rift Valley and Masai Mara, Western Kenya, Central Highlands, and Northern Kenya
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history of Kenya, its ecology, economy, government, politics, culture, arts and sports, and the festivals and events that take place here throughout the year
- Experience Kenya with features on the landscape of Kenya, the Great Rift Valley, the indigenous peoples of Kenya, traditional dress, religion, music and dance, arts and crafts, and Kenyan literature
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Kenya is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Kenya.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Kenya.
- Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
- Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
- Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
- Local drink and dining specialities to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
- Area maps marked with sights.
- Detailed city maps include street finder indexes for easy navigation.
- Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
- Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-colour photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Kenya truly shows you what others only tell you.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travellers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travellers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photographs, and illustrations of any guide.
No minimum order. Free UK delivery on orders of over £10.00. UK delivery only £1.00 per order on orders of under £10.00. International delivery charges detailed here.
Immediate dispatch, via Royal Mail, from Scotland. All books and other products are fully guaranteed and covered by our refund policy. #CampsieBooks