DK - History (The Definitive Visual History) (Ed. Adam Hart-Davis) (2nd Hand Hardback)
- Format : Huge, Thick & Very Heavy 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket.
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - History & Futurology
- Published : 2007 (Dorling Kindersley)
- ISBN : 9781856130622
- SKU : B001597
- PPC : MP3200gm
- RRP : £18.95
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
Homo sapiens have remained the same species, largely unchanged in genetic makeup and anatomy since the Cro-Magnon era. By contrast, the cultural, social, and technological changes since then have been nothing less than extraordinary.
Telling our story, from prehistory to the present day, DK's History is a thought-provoking journey, revealing the common threads and forces that have shaped human history.
- Inventions, discoveries, and ideas that have shaped world history.
- A look at human achievement through artifacts, painting, sculpture, and architecture.
- An examination of humankind in context as part of the natural world.
- Eyewitness accounts and biographies of key figures.
- A comprehensive timeline chronicling the key events of the countries of the world.
"I love books published by DK! They always provide interesting information about a particular topic and arrange it in a user-friendly manner. This book is no exception!
This book begins 3,000+ years BC and works its way up to the present. I freely admit that I did not read the entire book, but rather pieces and parts.
Each chapter covers an era in history and begins with a timeline for that period.
At the end of the book is a section that traces individual histories of the world's countries, from the oldest surviving republic to the UN's latest member and shows how modern nations have emerged like a phoenix from the ashes of past empires and/or survived major wars." - Goodreads Review.