Funmi Odulate - Shopping For Vintage (2nd Hand Softback)
Vintage clothing provides a fantastic opportunity to wear beautifully made garments that are totally individual, as well as a small piece of history.
It was only a few years ago that wearing vintage clothing was strictly for fancy dress parties and yet today the sartorial trends could not be more different. Vintage fashion is now coveted all over the world, and style icons such as Kate Moss and Sienna Miller are regularly photographed wearing gorgeous clothes by designers whose heyday was decades ago. Contemporary designers are looking to the past for inspiration and translating long forgotten designs into modern pieces, whilst high street stores stock vintage or vintage-inspired lines which make this look accessible to everyone.
Whether as a wearer or collector of vintage fashion, this book provides all the information on how and where to buy vintage fashion. Beginning with a look at the legacy of over 70 seminal designers from the last 120 years and the key fashion pieces that defined each decade, it looks at how to separate vintage clothing from that which is antique, retro or simply second-hand, as well as hints and tips on what to look for and how to haggle when you find it.
With contributions from the doyennes of the fashion industry - from Hilary Alexander to Miuccia Prada - the book is packed with much sought after insider 'fashionista' tips about what to look for when buying vintage, how to recognise something of value and, perhaps most importantly, where to find it. The final section of the book contains an exhaustive list of the names and addresses of vintage outlets all over the world, as well as vintage fashion fairs, websites, auction houses and flea markets.
- Format : Slightly Smaller, Thick, Squarish, Glossy, Full Colour 2nd Hand Softback.
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - The Arts, Photography & Fashion
- Published : 2006 (Quadrille)
- ISBN : 9781844005901
- SKU : B001511
- PPC : SP540gm
- RRP : £9.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Far from being the prerogative of the rich and famous, Shopping for Vintage shows how we can all own a little piece of fashion history." - Mail on Sunday.
Funmi Odulate is a top fashion writer and worldwide vintage connoisseur.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :