Graeme MacRae Burnet - His Bloody Project (2nd Hand Paperback)
Shortlisted for The Man Booker Prize 2016.
The year is 1869. After a brutal triple murder in a remote community in the Scottish Highlands, a young man by the name of Roderick MacRae is arrested for the crime.
A memoir written by the accused makes it clear that he is guilty, but the police and the courts must decide what drove him to murder the local village constable. And why did he kill his other two victims?
Was he insane? Or was this the act of a man in possession of his senses? Only the persuasive powers of his advocate stand between the killer and the gallows at Inverness.
In this compelling and original novel, using the words of the accused, personal testimony, transcripts from the trial and newspaper reports, Graeme MacRae Burnet tells a moving story about the provisional nature of the truth, even when the facts are plain.
His Bloody Project is a mesmerising literary thriller set in an unforgiving landscape where the rules can change but justice is absolute.
Presented in the fashion of a true crime case His Bloody Project is in fact a fictional, historical and literary ‘mystery’ novel if you will. It is an exceedingly well-done and riveting account of these gruesome murders.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Acceptable (Small white marks on back cover, otherwise Good. Reflected in Price.)
- Category : Fiction - Crime & Mystery
- Published : 2015
- ISBN : 9781910192146
- SKU : B000560
- PPC : LL250gm
- RRP : £8.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"I was completely engrossed in this novel from the beginning and throughout its entirety. Author Graeme MacRae Burnet paints a vivid picture of the beauty of the Scottish landscape . . ."
"His Bloody Project was bloody good! Starting the book, I had no idea I would like it as much as I did. I read most of the book today. The book reads (and feels) like a memoir. This book feels as if it is a "true crime" non-fiction book. This is a novel - but the beauty of it is that it feels so real." - Goodreads Reviews.
Graeme Macrae Burnet is a Scottish author. His first novel The Disappearance of Adèle Bedeau earned him the Scottish Book Trust New Writer Award in 2013, and his second novel His Bloody Project was shortlisted for the 2016 Man Booker Prize.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :