Harris's Guide To Churches & Cathedrals (2nd Hand Hardback)
A super illustrated guide to the unique treasures that lie within England's churches and cathedrals, featuring 300 colour photos and a county-by-county gazetteer. The unique, the unusual, the rare - Brian Harris has travelled all over England, and parts of Wales, in his quest for the most fascinating churches and cathedrals in the land.
Each church comes with a list of must-see features - whether it be the glorious fan-vaulted cloisters of Gloucester Cathedral or a singular monument to children's toys in the church at Chilham in Kent.
Along with a gazetteer of more than 500 churches, there are intriguing, often amazing stories about every aspect of church architecture, from bells and mazes to stained-glass sundials and wooden effigies.
Richly illustrated with 300 colour photos and maps, this is an exceptional work of reference for anyone who loves churches or ecclesiastical architecture.
Note : Churches & Cathedrals in England & Wales only.
- Format : Standard, Heavy 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Architecture, Design & Engineering
- Published : 2006 (Ted Smart)
- ISBN : 9780091916145
- SKU : B002305
- PPC : SP1200gm
- RRP : £25 (Unclipped)
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"This is most probably the only book you will ever need if you have an interest in the many Churches and Cathedrals in England and Wales. There are many outstanding photographs and helpful descriptions of the insides of the buildings and in most cases a history relating to the building concerned."
"This is a very fine resource and reference guide. It opens up many surprises in buildings that were already familiar. Its special box presentations are the fruit of careful research. - Amazon Reviews.
Brian L. Harris was a teacher for 31 years in numerous primary schools in Essex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire and West Sussex, including the last 19 years as Headmaster of West Wittering Parochial Primary School. After early retirement from teaching, he became a civil servant for 10 years. He has spent over 50 years researching churches and cathedrals in England and Wales. Now retired, he lives with his wife in West Wittering, West Sussex.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :