John Buchan - The Thirty-Nine Steps (2nd Hand Paperback)
Complete & Unabridged. With a new Introduction by Cedric Watts, Research Professor of English, University of Sussex.
Richard Hannay finds a corpse in his flat, and becomes involved in a plot by spies to precipitate war and subvert British naval power. The resourceful victim of a manhunt, he is pursued by both the police and the ruthless conspirators.
The Thirty-Nine Steps is a seminal 'chase' thriller, rapid and vivid. It has been widely influential and frequently dramatised: the film directed by Alfred Hitchcock became a screen classic.
This engaging novel also provides insights into the inter-action of patriotism, fear and prejudice.
- Format : Standard, Thin 2nd Hand Paperback.
- Condition : Acceptable (Damaged Stock - 3mm hole on front cover as a result of failed sticker removal ! - Otherwise As New)
- Category : Fiction - Classics
- Published : 1915 (This Ed. 2011 - Wordsworth Classics)
- ISBN : 9781853260803
- SKU : B002211
- PPC : LL170gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Richard Hannah . . . what a man. Richard flees cunningly from his own flat, after discovering a man, dead . . . murdered. Richard enters another world chopping and changing his identity and he suspects everyone around him. I most certainly enjoyed The Thirty-Nine Steps, so much. It held my attention through out the whole book." - Google Review.