John Prebble - The Lion in the North (2nd Hand Softback)
The immense history of Scotland reads like a Hollywood script.
Starting with the pre-Celtic people called the Picts - and ending in modern time, in The Lion in the North Prebble does a superb job of walking us through the array of peoples that make up the modern Scotland.
- Format : Larger Glossy 2nd Hand Softback
- Condition : Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Scotland
- Published : 1971 (This Reprint - Penguin 1988)
- ISBN : 9780140036527
- SKU : B000263
- PPC : SP600gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Covers the full sweep of Scottish history from the time of the Picts and Romans, to Robert the Bruce, the Reformation, Montrose, the Jacobites and the Highland Clearances. Told in the gripping and lucid style we have come to expect from John Prebble - the man who helped the Scots to rediscover their own past!" - Amazon Review.
"This is a great starting point for those wishing to expand their knowledge of Scottish history. Prebble skates through vast amounts of kings, noblemen, battles and feuds. You could really learn a lot by picking and choosing interesting parts of this history as a diving board for deeper study." - Goodreads Review.
John Edward Curtis Prebble, FRSL, OBE, was an English journalist, novelist, documentarian and popular historian. He is best known for his studies of Scottish history.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day), via local delivery, standard Royal Mail post or courier.
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :