Jonathan Cowie - The Economics of Transport (2nd Hand Softback)
- Format : Slightly Larger 2nd Hand Softback.
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Economics, Business & Money
- Published : 2010
- ISBN : 9780415419802
- SKU : B001480
- PPC : LL600gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
* This book qualifies for Free UK Delivery *
Textbook Subtitled : A Theoretical & Applied Perspective.
With contributions from Stephen Ison, Tom Rye & Geoff Riddington.
This book provides an explanation of key underlying economic principles, allowing the reader to come to a better understanding of the critical factors that structure and guide transport markets. This is done through an examination of the interaction between the behaviour of individual users and providers of transport services and transport authorities actions through the implementation of transport policy.
The book also considers on-going reforms in the organisation of all aspects of transport provision. These reforms seek to move transport delivery away from a model of high state intervention towards one that is far more market focused in its approach, thereby significantly increasing individuals’ responsibilities for their own transport actions.
The Economics of Transport covers topics such as ;
- The demand and supply of transport services.
- Market structures and the underlying economic characteristics of transport markets.
- The economics of transport and the environment.
- Transport subsidises and regulation.
- Transport forecasting and appraisal.
With a selection of case studies and exercises, this book will be of use to higher level students. It will also be of interest to professionals in the transport planning, transport modelling and transport economics fields.
No minimum order. Free UK delivery on orders of over £10.00. UK delivery only £1.00 per order on orders of under £10.00. International delivery charges detailed here.
Immediate dispatch, via Royal Mail, from Scotland. All books and other products are fully guaranteed and covered by our refund policy. #CampsieBooks