Marc Elsberg - Black Out (2nd Hand Paperback)
This is a thought provoking debut thriller which bleakly and realistically depicts the meltdown of the world as we know it when a hacker attack instigates a power blackout in Europe.
Tomorrow will be too late.
On a cold dark winter's night in Milan Pietro Manzano is thrown out of his car as traffic lights no longer work and the electricity grid collapses. A former hacker, Manzano joins the efforts of those entrusted to restore power and tries to chase down who is behind it. To his dismay, his past has turned him into a prime suspect which forces him to go on the run with the Paris based American journalist, Shannon, in a desperate race to get the power switched back on and prevent a global catastrophe.
Initially people respond positively and well to the situation but it does not take long before all this changes. It is a real eye opener to read just how much of modern society's infrastructure is completely reliant on power.
The seeds of unrest are sown as people become cold and hungry, and tragedies become inevitable. Nuclear power stations begin to pose dangers amidst other grave concerns.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Category : Fiction - Suspense & Thriller
- Condition : Good
- Published : 2017
- ISBN : 9781784161997
- SKU : B000090
- PPC : SP350gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"The story shifts from country to country including Germany, France, UK, Netherlands and Austria. Manzano and Shannon solidify as their relationship begins to develops. They become closer and more united, at the beginning things were more fraught between them. There is real tension and suspense as they frantically try to ensure power returns as escalating horrors take place and politicians prove to be ineffectual in their responses and corporations become more self serving." - Publisher.
Marc Elsberg is a former creative director in advertising. His debut thriller, the high-concept disaster thriller Blackout became a bestseller and one of the most successful thrillers of its kind in Germany. He has also given a TEDx talk on the subject of the horrors of an electrical grid failure.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :