Marie Tourell Soderberg - Hygge (The Danish Art of Happiness) (2nd Hand Hardback)
Bring Hygge into your home this year with this beautiful and essential guide to the globally celebrated Danish art of happiness.
'To me, hygge is :
* Meeting my sister for a walk in the park, chatting, laughing and clowning around, as if we were children again.
* Listening to the rain on the roof with a cup of tea and my boyfriend next to me.
* Drinking wine in my mum's garden.
* Enjoying a cup of coffee with good friends, that becomes a dinner, that becomes a late-night drink, because no one wants the evening to end.
At these times it is crucial for me to have hygge. Hygge time with family and friends, hygge moments with myself and a hyggelig home. It's small moments that money cannot buy you, finding the magic in the ordinary.'
Whether it's listening to the rain with a cup of tea, or going on a long walk with a loved one, hygge can be harnessed all around us. We all know the feeling of hygge instinctively, but few of us ever manage to capture it for more than a moment.
Now Danish actress and hygge aficionado Marie Tourell Søderberg has travelled the length and breadth of her home country to create the perfect guide to cooking, decorating and enjoying yourself, inspired the hygge way.
Full of beautiful photographs and simple, practical steps and ideas to make your home comforting and content, this book is the easy way to introduce hygge into your life.
- Format : Slightly Larger, Squarish 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : Very Good (Almost As New)
- Category : Non-Fiction - Lifestyle, Exercise & Beauty
- Published : 2016 (Penguin/Michael Joseph)
- ISBN : 9780718185336
- SKU : B002645
- PPC : SP600gm
- RRP : £12.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'Pretty, homey and intimate, scattered with reflections from ordinary Danes' - The Guardian.
"Others books will tell you how to do hygge. This is the only book that will show you. Now Danish actress and hygge aficionado Marie Tourell Sderberg has travelled the length and breadth of her home country to create the perfect guide to cooking, decorating, entertaining and being inspired the hygge way." - Google Review.
"I liked that there were contributions from a lot of regular Danish people, from all parts of the country and all walks of life, as it was a nice personal insight into their lives and how they comfort themselves. There were also DIY's and recipes included, as well as tips on making a hygge home, which definitely appeals to me. The book itself is also gorgeous, with beautiful photographs throughout." - Goodreads Review.
Marie Tourell Søderberg is an actress and writer known for 1864 and Itsi Bitsi. She graduated from Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York in 2007 and finished her education at the Danish National School of Performing Arts in June 2012.