Matt Haig - How To Stop Time (2nd Hand Paperback)
"I am old. That is the first thing to tell you. The thing you are least likely to believe. If you saw me you would probably think I was about forty, but you would be very wrong."
Tom Hazard has a dangerous secret. He may look like an ordinary 41-year-old, but owing to a rare condition, he's been alive for centuries. From Elizabethan England to Jazz-Age Paris, from New York to the South Seas, Tom has seen a lot, and now craves an ordinary life. It’s a life he once had, long-since buried but buried secrets have a habit of catching up with you and nobody can outrun their own past.
Always changing his identity to stay alive, Tom has the perfect cover - working as a history teacher at a London comprehensive. Here he can teach the kids about wars and witch hunts as if he'd never witnessed them first-hand. He can try to tame the past that is fast catching up with him. The only thing Tom must not do is fall in love.
How to Stop Time is a wild and bittersweet story about losing and finding yourself, about the certainty of change and about the lifetimes it can take to really learn how to live.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : As New
- Category : Fiction - Fiction - Uncategorised
- Published : 2017 (Canongate)
- ISBN : 9781782118640
- SKU : B000397
- PPC : LL250gm
- RRP : £8.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'A rollicking time-hopping fantasy . . . How to Stop Time will provoke wonder and delight.' - The Observer.
'Hugely entertaining.' - John Boyne, Irish Times.
'Outlandish . . . heartwarming, perceptive prose.' - Daily Telegraph.
'An imaginative, ambitious novel by an author with an infectious passion for history and the human condition.' - Sunday Express.
'Haig writes exquisitely from the perspective of the heart-sore outsider, but at their most moving his novels reveal the unbearable beauty of ordinary life.' - The Guardian.
'Let Matt Haig take you on a journey . . . Brings every era to vibrant life . . . original and fascinating.' - Stylist.
'Tear-jerking, time-hopping romance.' - Mail on Sunday.
'A fabulous book.' - Stephen Fry.
Matt Haig is an English novelist and journalist. He has written both fiction and non-fiction for children and adults, often in the speculative fiction genre.
Featured Author . . . Matt Haig
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :