Michael Jackson's Malt Whisky Companion (DK) (2nd Hand Hardback)
Do you know your Mortlach from your Miltonduff ? A Glenfiddich from a Glenlugie ?
Find out the differences in Michael Jackson's guide to single malts.
A comprehensive and thorough guide to malt whisky. The chapters about the background to whisky - origins, flavours, regional variations etc - are very helpful to someone new to whisky appreciation.
Which malt compliments sushi, which goes with a cigar, which slips down comfortingly with a book at bedtime? Which malt is a treasure for collectors? Find out in Michael Jackson's guide to malt whiskies.
Single malts are the most distinctive of all whiskies. Having revisited every Scottish distillery since the last edition, Michael Jackson - The Whisky Chaser- presents an updated and expanded guide, describing for the discerning drinker every distillery and single malt in the world, including Ireland and the US.
Extended A-Z catalogue features tasting notes on over 1,000 different malts Over 500 new bottlings reviewed and scored - plus over 120 revised entries. Where to find the malts - websites, phone numbers and addresses. There's about 70 pages of introductory material, followed by about 350 pages about the specific whiskies.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Cookbooks, Food & Drink
- Published : 2004 (5th Edition) (Dorling Kindersley)
- ISBN : 9781405302340
- SKU : B000603
- PPC : SP490gm
- RRP : £14.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
Fully illustrated, full glossy colour.
Fifth edition - comprehensively revised, updated & expanded by 112 pages.
"This reference book is easy to use and colourful. It starts with a short introduction into the world of Scotch single malt whisky. This includes a nice introduction to the pleasures of the pursuit of malts which may help you understand why they are so popular throughout the world." - Goodreads Review.
Michael James Jackson (27 March 1942 - 30 August 2007) was an English writer and journalist. He was the author of many influential books about beer and whisky. He was a regular contributor to a number of British broadsheets, particularly The Independent and The Observer.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :