Peter Chasseaud - Mapping The Second World War (2nd Hand Hardback)
Follow the conflict of the Second World War from 1939 to 1945 in this unique volume featuring historical maps and photographs from their archives, and fascinating commentary from an expert historian.
Over 150 maps tell the story of how this global war was fought.
Types of maps featured :
* Strategic maps showing theatres of war, frontiers and occupied territories
* Maps covering key battles and offensives on major fronts
* Planning and operations maps showing defences in detail
* Propaganda and educational maps for the armed forces and general public
* Maps showing dispositions of Allied and enemy forces
* Bomber and V-weapon target maps
Descriptions of key historical events accompany the maps, giving an illustrated history of the war from an expert historian.
Key topics covered include :
* 1939: Invasion of Poland
* 1940: German invasion of Low Countries & France
* 1940: Battle of Britain & German invasion threat
* Dec 1941: Pearl Harbour
* 1942: Turning points: Midway, Alamein, Stalingrad
* 1941-45: Barbarossa and the Eastern Front
* The War at Sea
* The advances to Jerusalem, Damascus and Baghdad
* The War in the Air
* 1944: Neptune & Overlord; D-Day & liberation of France
Published in association with Imperial War Museums, London.
- Format : Large, Thick, Heavy 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good (Almost As New)
- Category : Non-Fiction - War & Civil War
- Published : 2005 (Harper Collins - 1st Edition, 10th Printing)
- ISBN : 9780008136581
- SKU : B002747
- PPC : SP1500gm
- RRP : £30.00
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
Full Colour & Glossy Throughout. 304pp.
"The mix of maps, pictures and descriptive (though brief) narrative, gives an excellent perspective of the conflict, its scope and scale. Many of the maps describe lesser known areas of conflict - for example the "ice map" of Finland for the 1939/40 Winter War with the USSR is an amazing artefact. The cartographers' sophistication, detail and accuracy came on in leaps and bounds through the war years, the final European campaign of 1944-45 is really detailed." - Goodreads Review.
Peter Chasseaud is a British historian of military cartography. Chasseaud is a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, a member of the Royal United Services Institute, and the founder of the Historical Military Mapping Group of the British Cartographic Society.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day), via local delivery, standard Royal Mail post or courier.
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :