Peter Chasseaud - Mapping The Second World War (2nd Hand Hardback)
ISBN / GTIN-13 : 9780008136581
Follow the conflict of the Second World War from 1939 to 1945 in this unique volume featuring historical maps and photographs from their archives, and fascinating commentary from an expert historian.
Over 150 maps tell the story of how this global war was fought.
Types of maps featured :
* Strategic maps showing theatres of war, frontiers and occupied territories
* Maps covering key battles and offensives on major fronts
* Planning and operations maps showing defences in detail
* Propaganda and educational maps for the armed forces and general public
* Maps showing dispositions of Allied and enemy forces
* Bomber and V-weapon target maps
Descriptions of key historical events accompany the maps, giving an illustrated history of the war from an expert historian.
Key topics covered include :
* 1939: Invasion of Poland
* 1940: German invasion of Low Countries & France
* 1940: Battle of Britain & German invasion threat
* Dec 1941: Pearl Harbour
* 1942: Turning points: Midway, Alamein, Stalingrad
* 1941-45: Barbarossa and the Eastern Front
* The War at Sea
* The advances to Jerusalem, Damascus and Baghdad
* The War in the Air
* 1944: Neptune & Overlord; D-Day & liberation of France
Published in association with Imperial War Museums, London.
- Format : Large, Thick, Heavy 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good (Almost As New)
- Category : Non-Fiction - War & Civil War
- Published : 2005 (Harper Collins - 1st Edition, 10th Printing)
- ISBN : 9780008136581
- SKU : B002747
- PPC : SP1500gm
- RRP : £30.00
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
Full Colour & Glossy Throughout. 304pp.
"The mix of maps, pictures and descriptive (though brief) narrative, gives an excellent perspective of the conflict, its scope and scale. Many of the maps describe lesser known areas of conflict - for example the "ice map" of Finland for the 1939/40 Winter War with the USSR is an amazing artefact. The cartographers' sophistication, detail and accuracy came on in leaps and bounds through the war years, the final European campaign of 1944-45 is really detailed." - Goodreads Review.
Peter Chasseaud is a British historian of military cartography. Chasseaud is a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, a member of the Royal United Services Institute, and the founder of the Historical Military Mapping Group of the British Cartographic Society.
Delivery & Postage
All books & other items are held in stock and ready for immediate dispatch.
Free local delivery is offered for parts of the Glasgow North Area within 1-2 days (postcode dependant & automatically offered at checkout).
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £10.
Standard UK Delivery is only £1 on orders under £10.
UK Postal delivery is reliably within 2-5 working days and UK Courier delivery slightly faster, within 2-3 working days. International delivery times obviously vary.
Guarantee & Refunds
We offer a Full 14 Day Money Back 'No Questions Asked' Guarantee on all our products. This 14 Day period begins on the day your item is delivered to you.
If, for whatever reason, you're not happy with your purchase just let us know by email and return the books or other items. We'll then refund your money within a day or so of receiving the returned items. Please note though, this refund will not cover the cost of your return postage, only the initial cost of your order and any delivery fee added.
Please don't worry about about the condition of any 2nd Hand Books or other items you purchase, they'll be exactly as described in the details section. (Number of books returned since 2018 - still none).
Availability : In Stock