Rudyard Kipling - The Irish Guards in The Great War (2nd Hand Hardback)
Kipling described his original publication in 1923 as "his great work. It is done with agony and bloody sweat”.
Losing his son, John, in 1915 at the tender age of eighteen, he was approached to write a regimental history of the Irish Guards.
He wrote this “not on business terms but as a monument to his son’s service”, accepting the commission at once and starting without delay. It took five and half years to complete.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - War & Civil War
- Published : 1997 (Spellmont - 1st Edition)
- ISBN : 9781873376836
- SKU : B000695
- PPC : SP650gm
- RRP : £15.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
The Second Battalion, Irish Guards.
". . . history which becomes literature. It is heroic, it should be read . . . " - The Telegraph.
"a prose epic of the poor bloody infantry" - Sunday Times.
Rudyard Kipling is one of the best-known of the late Victorian poets and story-tellers. He was born in India, which inspired much of his work. Kipling's works of fiction include The Jungle Book, Kim, and many short stories, including "The Man Who Would Be King". Although he was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 1907, his political views, which grew more toxic as he aged, have long made him critically unpopular.
Featured Author . . . Rudyard Kipling
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day), via local delivery, standard Royal Mail post or courier.
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :