Alex Ferguson with Michael Moritz - Leading (2nd Hand Hardback)
An inspirational guide to great leadership, from the most successful football manager of all time. What does it take to lead a team to world-class success over a sustained period of time?
Sir Alex Ferguson is one of the few leaders who truly knows. In his 38 years in management, Sir Alex won an astonishing 49 trophies and helped grow Manchester United into one of the biggest commercial brands in the world. In this inspirational and straight-talking new book, Sir Alex reveals the secrets behind his record-breaking career.
Leading is structured around the key skills that Sir Alex values most highly. It includes subjects we immediately associate with his managerial style : Discipline, Control, Teamwork and Motivation. But it also addresses subjects that are less obvious but no less important when seeking success: Delegation, Data Analysis and Dealing with Failure.
Written with the investor Sir Michael Moritz, a longstanding friend of Sir Alex, Leading is packed with insight, wisdom, humour and honesty. The individual stories inevitably concern themselves with football, and the phenomenal success that came along the way, but the lessons can be applied by anyone.
Whether you run a business, teach in a classroom, or work in a small team, this book will help you become a better leader.
- Format : Thick 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Economics, Business & Money
- Published : 2015 (Hodder & Stoughton - 1st Edition, 1st Printing)
- ISBN : 9781473621176
- SKU : B001965
- PPC : SP700gm
- RRP : £25 (Unclipped)
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
1st Edition, 1st Printing. 2015 Event Edition.
"This is a superb, profoundly interesting account of the man who has reigned at the top of a sprawling footballing conglomerate for 26 years. There is something for everyone to take away from this book, even if you are not a football fan." - Goodreads Review.
Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson CBE is a Scottish former football manager and player, widely known for managing Manchester United from 1986 to 2013. He is considered by many to be one of the greatest managers of all time.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :