Bill Bryson - The Life & Times of The Thunderbolt Kid (Choice of 2 options)
- Format : Standard Thick 2nd Hand Paperback / Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good / Good (A touch of tanning to pages only)
- Category : Non-Fiction - Autobiography & Biography
- Published : 2007 / 2006 (1st Edition - Doubleday)
- ISBN : 9780552772549 / 9780385608268
- SKU : B001032-2HP / B001032-2HH
- PPC : SP350gm / SP550gm
- RRP : £7.99 / Clipped
- Quantity Available : Choice of 2 options. Please make selection using rectangular buttons shown - price & other variables will alter automatically
Some say that the first hint that Bill Bryson was not of Planet Earth came when his mother sent him to school in lime-green capri pants. Others think it all started with his discovery, at the age of six, of a woollen jersey of rare fineness. Across the moth-holed chest was a golden thunderbolt.
It may have looked like an old college football sweater, but young Bryson knew better. It was obviously the Sacred Jersey of Zap, and proved that he had been placed with this innocuous family in the middle of America to fly, become invisible, shoot guns out of people's hands from a distance, and wear his underpants over his jeans in the manner of Superman.
Bill Bryson's first travel book opened with the immortal line, 'I come from Des Moines. Somebody had to.' In his deeply funny new memoir, he travels back in time to explore the ordinary kid he once was, and the curious world of 1950's America. It was a happy time, when almost everything was good for you, including DDT, cigarettes and nuclear fallout.
This is a book about growing up in a specific time and place. But in Bryson's hands, it becomes everyone's story, one that will speak volumes - especially to anyone who has ever been young.
No minimum order. Free UK delivery on orders of over £10.00. UK delivery only £1.00 per order on orders of under £10.00. International delivery charges detailed here.
Immediate dispatch, via Royal Mail, from Scotland. All books and other products are fully guaranteed and covered by our refund policy. #CampsieBooks