Billy Connolly's Route 66 (The Big Yin on the Ultimate American Road Trip) (2nd Hand Hardback)
Scotland's best-loved comedian heads off on the most famous highway in the world for an unforgettable journey through America.
Having always dreamed about taking a trip on the legendary Route 66, Billy Connolly is finally heading off on the ride of a lifetime. Travelling all 2,488 miles of this epic road, hitting both its classic landmarks and uncovering lesser-known gems, the comedian known as the Big Yin shares the experiences of the countless travellers who have taken the journey before him.
He breaks out the banjo at every opportunity and stops off for a few comedy gigs on the way. Packed with local flavour, the tales he gathers on the way, from the skyscrapers of Chicago through the Wild West badlands of Oklahoma and Texas and on to the beaches of the Pacific coast, tell the story of modern America and they might just inspire a few readers to get on their bikes as well.
The book also contains a section with maps, playlists, recipes, and more, bringing the reader to the heart of this adventure.
With his unrivalled instinct for a good story, and the affability that has endeared him to millions of fans, Billy is the ultimate companion for the ultimate road trip.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - USA
- Published : 2011 (Sphere)
- ISBN : 9781847445216
- SKU : B000614
- PPC : SP600gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"This book is a real chuckle. Billy as always puts his spin on everything and makes you see it in a different light. His tales of driving along route 66 are both interesting and inspiring." - Waterstones Review.
Sir William Connolly CBE is a Scottish artist, musician, presenter, actor, and retired stand-up comedian. He is sometimes known, especially in his homeland, by the Scots nickname The Big Yin.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :