Caitlin Moran - How To Be Famous (A Novel) (2nd Hand Hardback)
A hilarious, heartfelt sequel to How to Build a Girl, comes the breakout novel from feminist sensation Caitlin Moran.
. . . I’m Johanna Morrigan, and I live in London in 1995, at the epicentre of Britpop. I might only be nineteen, but I’m wise enough to know that everyone around me is handling fame very, very badly.
My unrequited love, John Kite, has scored an unexpected Number One album, then exploded into a Booze And Drugs Hell, as rockstars do.
My new best friend - the maverick feminist Suzanne Banks, of The Branks - has amazing hair, but writer’s block and a rampant pill problem.
So I’ve decided I should become a Fame Doctor. I’m going to use my new monthly column for The Face to write about every ridiculous, surreal, amazing aspect of a million people knowing your name.
But when my two-night-stand with edgy comedian Jerry Sharp goes wrong, people start to know my name for all the wrong reasons. ‘He’s a vampire. He destroys bright young girls. Also, he’s a total dick’, Suzanne warned me. But by that point, I’d already had sex with him. Bad sex. Now I’m one of the girls he’s trying to destroy. He needs to be stopped . . . But how can one girl stop a powerful famous man.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : As New
- Category : Fiction - Humorous Fiction
- Published : 2018 (Ebury Press - 1st Edition, 1st Printing)
- ISBN : 9780091948986
- SKU : B002742
- PPC : SP500gm
- RRP : £14.99 (Unclipped)
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Who better than Caitlin Moran to bring fame down to earth with a bump." - Helen Fielding, bestselling author of Bridget Jones's Diary.
"It's quite a ride, this book. It's laugh-out-loud funny, sweetly romantic and fiercely angry. Often all at once . . . beautifully written." - The Times.
"A deeply satisfying tale of sex, drugs, britpop, unrequited love, London, and a narrator I completely adore. This is funny, philosophical, and poignant in equal measure. Glorious and life-enhancing." - Nina Stibbe.
"Brilliantly funny, caustic social commentary with the best-wish fulfilment revenge scene I've read, like, ever." - The Pool.
"A rollicking fantasy which leaves a rosy afterglow" - The Guardian.
Catherine Elizabeth "Caitlin" Moran is an English journalist, author, and broadcaster at The Times, where she writes three columns a week: one for the Saturday Magazine, a TV review column, and the satirical Friday column "Celebrity Watch".
Featured Author . . . Caitlin Moran
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :